Condo Living – Ready for a Lock and Leave Lifestyle?
OKC Condos for Sale: https://rem.ax/OKCcondosforsale
Oklahoma City has seen a recent rise in condo interest. The demographic has expanded and amount of buyers looking to make this change has increased. Several reasons for this:
- more people hitting the 50+ age group – as they look to downsize, this becomes appealing.
- more couples and singles at any age (no kids at home) wanting this lifestyle.
- communities within the condo neighborhoods are stronger and give an added social element.
- as travel desires increase, having a landing spot with minimal maintenance is preferred.
701 N. Hudson is a premiere example of new construction luxury build in midtown section of downtown OKC. Downtown living has attracted buyers who are looking for added fun and convenience to their every day lives. With all the activity in the area, the perk of being walking distance (or jumping on the streetcar) to top locally owned eateries, shops, theater, Thunder games and more has drawn so many people to this lifestyle. Architects and builders have beautifully merged the qualities people love in the suburbs they are leaving with the benefits that can only come from an urban life.
In the Oklahoma City metropolitan area, the maintenance -free communities fit the following criteria:
- condominium living with dues that usually cover:
- exterior maintenance: siding, windows, doors, roof, paint
- gated entry (and in some case, full time manned security)
- swimming pool
- lawn care
- sprinkler system
- some utilities
- no dues
- shared exterior expenses with next door neighbor
- lawns are usually very small or all hard surface and responsibility of the homeowner.
- garden homes
- small lots with minimal yard
- dues cover: lawn mowing, sprinkler
- some home a small pool
- some are gated
Many of the local condominiums were built in the late 1970’s to early 1990’s meaning interiors had become tired and in need of updates. In the last decade, homeowners have extensively updated area condominiums. If you haven’t recently been inside some of these complexes, it’s time for a refresh!
One more fabulous option… new construction in an existing community! Nestled in a heavily treed area just west of Nichols Hills, you will find The North End at Jamestown townhomes. Four new homes scheduled to be complete by the end of 2019. All facing the park with upstairs and downstairs outdoor living spaces. Ranging in price from $495,000 to $525,000.
Dues in these different communities range from less than $100/month to $1000+/month depending on size and what is covered. We understand the nuances of each of these areas, the rules and regulations of each association, and are happy to share our knowledge with you. Even if you are “just thinking” of a change to low-maintenance living, call us.
Again for a live feed of available condos and townhomes for sale in OKC metro, bookmark this link. https://rem.ax/OKCcondosforsale
For garden home communities (or to get a value on your current home), ask us. We are here to help!
Alan and Heather Davis